The Project Manager is responsible for providing overall project management support for several small to medium projects or on one very large project supporting senior project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project
- Prepare a complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form
- Plan and organize a project under the directions of a Senior PM or Division Manager
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project; negotiate all change orders on the project
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budgets
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Supervise the preparation of any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client; negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion
- Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of a Senior PM or Division Manager
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- Review any documentation prepared by Assistant Project Manager before submission
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related discipline preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Accubid and Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- 10% – 25%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rosendin Electric considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.